|Location:||Bondi Beach, NSW|
This award winning home breaks the mould
When building this home in a streetscape that had a lack of uniformity in building type, size and architectural language, it was decided that it would be best to produce a contemporary building that looks to the future rather than attempt to mimic a past architectural style. This house is the first of its type in the street and hopefully will serve as a catalyst to encourage further commissioning of modern buildings nearby.
The plans were developed from sketch drawings which addressed the client space requirements and the instructions were as follows:
A three-storey architect-designed home consisting of three bedrooms, an office/guest retreat, three bathrooms plus a powder room, kitchen, walk in pantry, double garage, alfresco area, living and dining area, all on a small eastern suburbs parcel of land.
- High-level thermal insulation
- Allowance made for capturing natural ventilation from sea breezes
- Acoustic absorption panels that form part of the ceilings to deal with the hard surfaces
- Double glazed windows and doors
- Heated Polished concrete floors
- Double sided fire place
- Hand fabricated ZM zinc panelling and roof sheeting
- Split face sandstone to selected areas
- Modified Acrylic rendered walls
- Natural Stone to wet areas
- Underground water tanks
- Solar panels
“CPT built our home with remarkable dedication to quality, professionalism and finishes. We had no issues and found the project management and team to be first class.
What has delighted us even more has been their continued engagement and attention over the last five years since the build was completed. Not only have CPT responded quickly and well to any matters needing attention they have helped identify opportunities to make our home even better! We will definitely use CPT again when we next have a building project.”